Information on Clinical Electives for International Medical Students
Please read the following information thoroughly before applying for Clinical Electives
The length of each course should be two weeks at least and the training period for all courses counted together should not exceed 2 months.
1. Students in the highest class in a medical school
2. No infectious diseases
1. Application form
2. Personal profile
3. Copy of passport
4. A letter of recommendation from the school
5. Performance records
Applications must be submitted by email at least 2 months prior to the desired training date and the result will be informed one month after the application is received.
Documents required on the start day
1. Photo copies of health examination reports for hepatitis B and C (antibody and antigen) and chest X-ray report (issued within 3 months)
2. A receipt for accident insurance with a coverage of at least NT$ 1 million)
3. A receipt for trainee fee (US$75 / week) paid to the hospital in NT dollars.
4. Two one inch photos
5. Documents required above
6. The applicant needs to prepare a white gown to be worn during the training period.
After training, a certificate for elective training will be provided.
For more information please contact:
Department of Medical Education
Taichung Veterans General Hospital
Tel: 886-4-23592525 # 4361